Monday, February 2, 2009

More on Codex Alimentarius Commission

So I had a chance to e-mail them and received a very nice e-mail back directing me to food labeling. What I had inquired about was a meeting they were having in DC on Feb. 10th. I'm still doing much research but think it is every Americans right to know whether a food is Genetically Modified or not. Why? Because if there are hazards then you have a right to choose foods that do not or are not linked to those hazards. Think about it this way. Food and Pharmaceuticals are the two most prevalent forces concerning our health. It has already been proven that the FDA does not have all the man power available to monitor our drugs. The USDA has also come under attack with letting in foods that may not be safe.

Good news is that the Codex Alimentarius does have a food labeling committee. I'll be checking into that next.

No comments: